Shoddy Thinking is Costly
Whether a decision involves finances, education, family, career, or any other infinite number of scenarios, a lack of critical thinking will lead to a poorer quality of life and an overall intellectually stunted society.
Critical thinking is the ART of analyzing and evaluating thinking with a view to improving it. Building one's self into a critical thinker is much more a process of practice than an intellectual gift. Excellence in thought requires careful and intentional cultivation.
The Potential for YOU as a Critical Thinker
Morphing yourself into a critical thinker holds the potential for numerous benefits such as the ability to:
- raise vital questions and problems in a clear and precisely communicated manner
- gather and assess relevant data while using abstract ideas to interpret findings
- come to reasonable conclusions while also testing them against other relevant conclusions
- engage with alternate viewpoints and perspectives in a constructive manner
- recognizing and assessing your own and others' assumptions and biases
-find effective solutions to complex problems
The 4 S's
With the help of the 4 S's you can develop into a critical thinker who can overcome the egocentrism and sociocentrism that plagues our culture.
Be a Daily Scholar!!